Which one better? Bed Frames vs Foundation Bases
Ever wonder what’s better for your new favorite mattress? Is a bed frame better? Or a foundation base better?
Today I will break down what are the pros and cons for both of them.
Bed Frames also referred as platform beds. It often comes with head and foot board, with many wooden slats running from side to side, which are preferably no more than 8cm apart. When using a platform beds, your sleep surface will often be lower to the ground that it would be on a foundation base.
Bed Frames are very common in the market and they are easy to find too.
- They look good in the room! They have a headboard you can lean on.
- There are tons of styles and options in the market.
- Good air-circulation to keep your mattress cool
- Some bed frames have storage option e.g extra drawers
- They required assembling and also required dissembling for moving
- Weight distribution tend to be less efficient comparing to foundation base
- Difficult to change your bedding. Mattresses sometimes could sit into the bed frame. If you have a heavy mattress, it makes it difficult to lift the mattress and change your sheets and linens.
- Difficult to move once it is assembled
A foundation base usually referred as an ensemble.
It is a “box” but provides a flat, rigid surface.
A foundation base is typically made out of wood, with many wooden slats running from side to side like a platform bed.
A foundation base is recommended for Full Latex mattresses or Full memory foam mattresses.
Unlike spring mattresses which somewhat derive some flexibility from its box springs, Latex mattresses and Memory foam mattresses must have a sturdy and flat surface to rest on.
- Sleeping surface is higher off the ground. It makes it easier to get in and out of bed without using too much knees. (Helpful for older people or individuals with bad knees or legs)
- It provides more support for the mattress and absorb shock from abnormal movements
- Take less room in the room (ideal for minimalists or individuals who required more walking space around the bed)
- Easy to transport, required no assembling or disassembling
- Even weight distribution reduces mattress sag and gaps in the material of the mattress
- Cost effective (They cost less to manufacture hence it is more affordable for consumers)
- They are less stylish than platform beds. (Designs are a lot boring and less styling available)
- Sometimes might be too high for shorter people
- Foundations could be too firm as it does not allow any give in the material
- Might cost more to transport as it can be bulky and heavy at times
So which one is better? A Bed Frame or a foundation Base?
Well, the only person who can truly decide on which is the one who sleeps on it.
There are factors that will play in your decision making process.
Always check with trusted consultant while choosing your new mattress and bed.
For more info, you don’t want to miss out our (Facebook Page)
Don’t forget to like and follow our page for more bedding tips:)